How to Treat Termites in Port Saint Lucie
Different insects can invade a home, but termites are the most harmful. Silent and discreet, they are quite difficult to spot when the wood is under attack. They chew on the wood little by little until there is nothing left but dust. These small insects have the ability to multiply fast and cause great devastation. Yet termites are easy to get rid of.
Discover solutions and treatments to fight termites. For more information on termites in Port St Lucie, contact ProControl Management.
What is the most effective way to treat termites?
The beneficial nematode method is effective. It involves small worms that are the sworn enemies of termites. These tiny parasites use termite larvae to lay their eggs. Once infected, the larvae are all killed when the eggs hatch, giving rise to thousands of other worms. The same cycle continues until the entire colony is all wiped out and is unable to reproduce.
Is your termite problem very serious? Fumigation works immediately. This method has the advantage of allowing a complete, one-time treatment of the house. It is only recommended if there are many colonies in the same building.
Can I treat for termites myself?
The termite hiding place has been now spotted, it’s time to get rid of them. If the situation is controllable, you can take care of it yourself. Here are some homemade solutions:
- Create a chemical barrier in and around the termite nest. Drill the walls and inject chemicals inside each hole and then fill it up.
- Set traps with bait (pieces of wood) covered with insecticides. Place the pieces in different places where you think termites are circulating. It only takes a few termites to touch a few and then the colony will be all contaminated.
- Create a physic-chemical barrier. Insulate the floor with a film impregnated with a biocidal product.
- Apply a curative product. Remove the damaged parts of the wood. Brush and remove dust. Then, with a brush, apply two coats of curative products. Opt for a curative product that is white and then becomes invisible when drying. You will be sure that you have applied the product along its entire length.
How much does it cost to treat a house for termites?
In the United States, termites are the most destructive insect pests. They cause more damage than fire and storms combined. Their presence is easy to identify and, if you have them in your home, you must act fast to get rid of them.
The range of rates for termite treatment is rather wide. It is important to know that the budget to be now spent will depend on many factors:
- The progress of the infestation
- The type of treatment
- The surface of the house
It is only by contacting different companies that you will be able to get an idea of the general rates. As a hint:
- A termite inspection will rarely exceed $200.
- Preventive treatment against termites is around $20 per 10 square feet.
- Termite removal can be as high as 50€ per 10 square feet.
Need help with termites in Port St Lucie? Call ProControl Management at +1 888-466-9772 to get a more precise estimate.